2020 Voluntary Benefits for CoorsTek
CoorsTek is pleased to offer the following voluntary benefits for 2020. These benefits are 100% employee paid via payroll deductions with after-tax dollars. You do not need to be enrolled in any of the other CoorsTek offered benefit plans in order to be eligible for these voluntary benefits. Elections in these plans can only be changed during open enrollment or due to a qualifying change in family status as outlined on page four of the benefit guide.
ACCIDENT AND CRITICAL ILLNESS INSURANCE
These coverages offered through The Hartford pay you a cash benefit if you experience a covered illness or accidental injury.
The plans pair well with high deductible health plans and may limit your financial exposure. The cash benefit is separate from any claims or coverage provided by medical insurance. There are no offsets and no restrictions on how the benefit amounts paid to you can be used, which means you can use the cash to cover expenses your medical plan may not cover, like your deductible – and any other costs including living expenses like your mortgage or utility bills.
With Accident Insurance, you’ll receive a lump-sum payment for a covered accidental injury and related services. Payment depends on the type and severity of your injury and the related treatment. For example, you receive a specific cash amount for an ambulance ride, a visit to the ER, Urgent Care, doctor or chiropractor, a hospital stay, etc. Please review the Benefit Highlight sheet and flyer below for specific details.
2020 Benefit Plan Offering Sections
Questions? Call or email us:
Getting coverage is easy and affordable:
- Guaranteed issue; no health questions asked
- Premiums will never increase due to your age
- Benefits available for your spouse and dependent child(ren)
- Direct payment to you or to your beneficiary
- Coverage portability: If you change jobs, you can take the same benefits with you at the same cost
- Accident Insurance Flyer (PDF, 518 KB)
- Accident Insurance Benefit Highlight (PDF, 124 KB)
- Accident Insurance Claim Filing Instructions (PDF, 102 KB)
CRITICAL ILLNESS INSURANCE
Critical Illness Insurance provides a lump-sum cash benefit upon diagnosis of a specific critical illness. Benefits can be purchased in $10,000, $20,000 or $30,000 lump sum amounts for yourself. Spouse coverage may be purchased for 50% of the lump sum you elected for yourself. Dependent child coverage can be purchased for a $5,000 lump sum amount when you purchase coverage for yourself. These amounts are all guaranteed issue. Initial diagnosis must be made after the coverage is in effect for a benefit to be paid.
Covered conditions include:
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Heart Attack
- Heart Transplant
- Kidney Failure
- Major Organ Transplant
- Loss of Hearing, Speech and Sight
- Occupational HIV Infection
- Critical Illness Insurance Flyer (PDF, 690 KB)
- Critical Illness Insurance Benefit Highlight (PDF, 107 KB)
- Critical Illness Insurance Claim Filing Instructions (PDF, 102 KB)
- Critical Illness Insurance Premiums Worksheet (PDF, 135 KB)
The first time you’re diagnosed with an illness from any one of these three categories you will be paid a lump-sum benefit that’s 100 percent of the coverage amount. If you suffer from this illness again later, or you’re diagnosed with another illness in the same category, you will be paid a percentage of the original benefit amount depending on the time-period that has lapsed.
Premiums for critical illness vary based on amount of coverage elected and your age.
For more information regarding critical illness coverage please review the Benefit Highlight Sheet and flyer above.
LEGAL INSURANCE PLAN
As part of your comprehensive benefit offering, CoorsTek is excited to offer you the opportunity to enroll in a legal insurance plan from ARAG®. This plan provides you and your qualified dependents with affordable, reliable legal coverage to help with everyday life matters — like getting your will done, a dispute with a contractor, or an auto repair that doesn’t go as planned.
Legal insurance gives you a place to turn when you need legal help:
- Work with an attorney from ARAG’s nationwide network when you have questions, want a document reviewed and need legal advice or representation. (No fee for most covered services.)
- Plan for the future with estate planning resources and a broad range of coverages.
- Access online legal tools and resources, including helpful articles, guidebooks and DIY Docs®.
Whether your family includes kids with two feet or kids with four paws, you know what responsibility looks like.
My Pet Protection® from Nationwide® helps you provide your pets with the best care possible. The plan reimburses 90% on vet bills including accidents, illnesses and hereditary conditions, subject to a $250 annual deductible and $7500 maximum annual benefit. (Pre-existing conditions are excluded.)
You’re free to use any vet and get additional benefits for emergency boarding, lost pet advertising and more. Plus, their 24/7 vethelpline® is available as a free service to all pet insurance members ($150 value).
Rates for Pet Insurance vary based on your state of residence, type of animal, and coverage type. Please reach out to Nationwide at 877-738-7874 or online at www.petinsurance.com/coorstek for a quote and to enroll.
- Pet Insurance Flyer (PDF, 1.5 MB)