2022 Voluntary Benefits
CoorsTek is pleased to offer the following voluntary benefits for 2022. These benefits are 100% employee paid via payroll deductions with after-tax dollars. You do not need to be enrolled in any of the other CoorsTek offered benefit plans in order to be eligible for these voluntary benefits. Elections in these plans can only be changed during open enrollment or due to a qualifying change in family status as outlined on page four of the benefit guide.
ACCIDENT AND CRITICAL ILLNESS INSURANCE
These coverages offered through Unum pay you a cash benefit if you experience a covered illness or accidental injury.
The plans pair well with high deductible health plans and may limit your financial exposure. The cash benefit is separate from any claims or coverage provided by medical insurance. There are no offsets and no restrictions on how the benefit amounts paid to you can be used, which means you can use the cash to cover expenses your medical plan may not cover, like your deductible – and any other costs including living expenses like your mortgage or utility bills.
With Accident Insurance, you’ll receive a lump-sum payment for a covered accidental injury and related services. Payment depends on the type and severity of your injury and the related treatment. For example, you receive a specific cash amount for an ambulance ride, a visit to the ER, Urgent Care, doctor or chiropractor, a hospital stay, etc. Please review the Benefit Highlight sheet and flyer below for specific details.
Getting coverage is easy and affordable:
- Guaranteed issue; no health questions asked
- Premiums will never increase due to your age
- Benefits available for your spouse and dependent child(ren)
- Direct payment to you or to your beneficiary
- Coverage portability: If you change jobs, you can take the same benefits with you at the same cost
- Accident Insurance Overview (PDF, 480 KB)
- CoorsTek LLC Accident Certificate Eff 1.1.2022 (PDF, 251 KB)
- CoorsTek LLC Accident Policy Eff 1.1.2022 (PDF, 97 KB)
- CoorsTek LLC Accident Rate Schedule Eff 1.1.2022 (PDF, 53 KB)
2022 Benefit Plan Offering Sections
Disability Insurance (STD/LTD)
Life Insurance / Accidental Death & Dismemberment
Medical Plans: Aetna and Kaiser
Summaries of Benefits & Coverage (SBCs)
VSP Vision Plans / True Hearing
Questions? Call or email us:
CRITICAL ILLNESS INSURANCE
Critical Illness Insurance provides a lump-sum cash benefit upon diagnosis of a specific critical illness. Benefits can be purchased in $10,000, $20,000 or $30,000 lump sum amounts for yourself. Spouse coverage may be purchased for 50% of the lump sum you elected for yourself. Dependent child coverage is automatically included at no additional cost for 50% of the lump sum you elect for yourself.
These amounts are all guaranteed issue. Initial diagnosis must be made after the coverage is in effect for a benefit to be paid.
- Critical Illness Insurance (PDF, 340 KB)
- CoorsTek LLC Critical Illness Certificate Eff 1.1.2022 (PDF, 204 KB)
- CoorsTek LLC Critical Illness Policy Eff 1.1.2022 (PDF, 96 KB)
- CoorsTek LLC Critical Illness Rate Schedule Eff 1.1.2022 (PDF, 79 KB)
Unum Schedule of Benefits Included Below:
Coronary Artery Disease (Major): 50%
Coronary Artery Disease (Minor): 100%
End Stage Renal (Kidney) Failure: 100%
Heart Attack (Myocardial Infarction): 100%
Major Organ Failure Requiring Transplant: 100%
Additional Critical Illnesses for Your Children
Cerebral Palsy: 100% (50% of elected coverage amount)
Cleft Lip or Palate: 100% (50% of elected coverage amount)
Cystic Fibrosis: 100% (50% of elected coverage amount)
Down Syndrome: 100% (50% of elected coverage amount)
Spina Bifida: 100% (50% of elected coverage amount)
Invasive Cancer (Including all Breast Cancer): 100%
Non-Invasive Cancer: 25%
Skin Cancer: $500
Supplemental Critical Illnesses
Benign Brain Tumor: 100%
Loss of Hearing: 100%
Infectious Disease: 25%
Infectious Disease Hospital Consecutive Days: 7 Days
Loss of Sight: 100%
Loss of Speech: 100%
Occupational Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) or Hepatitis: 100%
Permanent Paralysis: 100%
Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS): 100%
Dementia (including Alzheimer's Disease): 100%
Functional Loss: 100%
Multiple Sclerosis: 100%
Parkinson's Disease: 100%
LEGAL INSURANCE PLAN
As part of your comprehensive benefit offering, CoorsTek is excited to offer you the opportunity to enroll in a legal insurance plan from ARAG®. This plan provides you and your qualified dependents with affordable, reliable legal coverage to help with everyday life matters — like getting your will done, a dispute with a contractor, or an auto repair that doesn’t go as planned.
Legal insurance gives you a place to turn when you need legal help:
- Work with an attorney from ARAG’s nationwide network when you have questions, want a document reviewed and need legal advice or representation. (No fee for most covered services.)
- Plan for the future with estate planning resources and a broad range of coverages.
- Access online legal tools and resources, including helpful articles, guidebooks and DIY Docs®.
For additional information, please review the flyer below and contact ARAG at www.ARAGLegalcenter.com access code 18322ct.
- Legal Insurance Flyer (PDF, 1.8 MB)
- Legal Insurance Can Help Flyer (PDF, 156 KB)
- 2022 CoorsTek, Inc. UltimateAdvisor Policy (PDF, 321 KB)
Video: All About your Legal Insurance: https://vimeo.com/443166934
Whether your family includes kids with two feet or kids with four paws, you know what responsibility looks like.
My Pet Protection® from Nationwide® helps you provide your pets with the best care possible. The plan reimburses your choice of 70% or 50% on vet bills including accidents, illnesses and hereditary conditions, subject to a $250 annual deductible and $7500 maximum annual benefit. (Pre-existing conditions are excluded.)
You’re free to use any vet and get additional benefits for emergency boarding, lost pet advertising and more. Plus, their 24/7 vethelpline® is available as a free service to all pet insurance members ($150 value).
Rates for Pet Insurance vary based on your state of residence, the species, age, and breed of your animal, and the reimbursement amount selected. Please reach out to Nationwide at 877-738-7874 or online at www.petinsurance.com/coorstek for a quote and to enroll.
- Nationwide - Avian and Exotic Pet Plan (PDF, 189 KB)
- Nationwide - My Pet Protection Plan Summary (PDF, 206 KB)
- Nationwide Pet Insurance - Coverage (PDF, 151 KB)
- Nationwide Pet Insurance - How to Enroll (PDF, 358 KB)
- Nationwide Pet Insurance FAQ (PDF, 415 KB)
- Nationwide Pet Rx FAQ (PDF, 262 KB)
CONNECT WITH COORSTEK
- +1 303 271 7100
+1 855 929 7100
(toll free in North America)