2024 Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
A Health Savings Account (HSA) can be used to pay for current and future qualifying medical, dental and vision expenses. CoorsTek contributes into your HSA when you’re enrolled in the Aetna or Kaiser CDHP medical plans.
CoorsTek’s contribution of $500 for an employee only or $1,000 for employee plus children/spouse/family is prorated and deposited into your HSA on a per pay period basis. Funds in your HSA are always yours to keep and spend on qualifying expenses. WEX manages the employee HSA for CoorsTek.
To see qualifying expenses, please visit the WEX website here.
The IRS sets the maximum dollar amount you can contribute to an HSA. The 2024 annual contribution limit is:
- Employee Only coverage - $4,150
- Employee + SP/CH/Family - $8,300
If you are age 55 or older, you are eligible to make an additional annual catch-up contribution of $1000.
You are eligible to fund an HSA if:
- You are enrolled in the Aetna CDHP, Kaiser CDHP, or Aetna Bronze Plan offered by CoorsTek
You are NOT eligible to fund an HSA if:
- You are enrolled in any Medicare plan
- You are enrolled in TRICARE or TRICARE for Life
- You received VA benefits in the last three months (unless the condition for which you received care was service related)
- You are eligible to be claimed as a dependent on someone else’s tax return
- You are enrolled in any form of nonqualified coverage (i.e., spouse’s plan that is not a qualified CDHP or spouse’s medical FSA)
Please refer to IRS Publication 969 for additional information.
2024 Benefit Plan Offering Sections
Health Savings Account (HSA)
Questions? Call or email us:
How do I access my account and funds?
You will receive a Visa debit card from WEX.
You must first call WEX at 866-451-3399. Then go to www.wexinc.com and create your online account.
Accepting the terms and conditions of your account online will activate your Visa debit card. You can also check your balance, order a new card, etc.
You can also log into your account through the WEX mobile app.
Once you have a $1,000 cash balance in your HSA, you have the option to invest those funds in $100 increments, if desired.
Log into your WEX account on wexinc.com and then select Videos & Forms > Quick Links > HSA Investment Options for fund information.
Contact WEX to get started!
- HSA Employee Handout (PDF, 200 KB)
- 2024 HSA Limits and IRS Regulations (PDF, 246 KB)
- WEX Mobile App (PDF, 198 KB)
- HSA Funds Transfer Handout (PDF, 315 KB)
HSA Participation Videos: