Exacting Specifications for Vital Fluid Control
Precision and flawless performance are the fundamental requirements of medical equipment components. CoorsTek provides customized engineering of technical ceramics for the vital microscopic specifications required for medical fluid management. We work with OEMs to bring your custom designs to life.
Each component is designed for optimal mechanical and thermal stability while minimizing friction. Primary uses include blood sampling and hematology applications, pistons and sleeves for centrifugal and rotary pumps, dialysis, and rotary valves.
Our CeraPure™ technical ceramics provide many essential advantages for medical fluid control as they are:
- Corrosion resistant
- Thermally stable
- Wear resistant
- Designed to be seal-less with low friction
- Precision-engineered with clearances to 0.000075”
Alumina (aluminum oxide, Al2O3) technical ceramics are commonly used in valve and pump components for fluid management due to their generally useful properties and good price/performance ratio. Alumina ceramics are commonly subdivided according to their alumina content ranging from 80% to more than 99%. Higher purity alumina demonstrates enhanced wear and corrosion resistance — creating a continuous scale of various alumina grades, compositions, and performance.
Shear Valves – Used in blood sampling and hematology applications to control the sample size moving to analysis enabling better control, longer life, and less maintenance.
Market-proved material and products (In high-volume production for over 20 years)
- Biocompatible product safe material (NSF)
- Corrosion resistance to reagents and cleaning solutions
- Exceptional flatness 1/2λ
- Surface finish control
- Seal compatibility with leak-proof clearance
CoorsTek Manufacturing Capabilities
- Ceramic micro injection molding - Injection molding eliminates the need for secondary operations normally required to produce complex geometrical shapes. The more complex the shape, the more advantageous injection molding will be over other fabrication methods.
- Sub-assembly & micro-machining
- Transparent materials available
Additional CoorsTek Medical Capabilities
Visit the links below to learn more about the advantages of technical ceramics for other areas of CoorsTek medical equipment components.