Business Development Manager - Germany
Job Profile Summary
Responsible for generating incremental CoorsTek business including building and maintaining relationships within accounts, acquiring new business, and supporting company-wide growth strategies. Identifies and drives new sales opportunities with existing and new customers through the customer pathway.
Roles and responsibilities
- Identifies, develops and maintains business growth opportunities with customers. Builds and maintains strong relationships with new and existing key customer contacts including design engineers, scientists, buyers, program managers and executives
- Develops short and long-term commercial opportunity pipeline for new and existing markets and accounts.
- Identifies new markets Ceramics should be actively engaged in. Works with regional and vertical leaders as well as strategic insights to develop a market penetration strategy.
- Drives new product development and growth activities including:Initiate, develop and define key customer/market requirementsAct as technical consultant/liaison to customer teamsCommunicate customer needs to the broader CoorsTek organization including engineering and manufacturing teamsMatch customer needs with the best fit CoorsTek factoriesDrive data supported internal decision making on long term growth investments including capital equipment and R&D programs.
- Develops strategies to meet and exceed increased revenue and profitability goals, including account specific plans and plays lead role in successfully closing business deals.
- May include contract and commercial negotiations.
- Develops and maintains a strong understanding of market conditions/trends and customer needs
- Creates a collaborative effort between CoorsTek sales, engineering and manufacturing to deliver what customers need and actively grow the business.
- Creates demand for CoorsTek products and solutions though proactive selling and education of customers through proposals and other forums
- Builds a positive CoorsTek reputation throughout the market via activities such as trade shows, advertising, strategic partnering and participation with industry organizations.
Bachelors’ Degree in Ceramics, Materials Science, Metallurgy or another equivalent field preferred.
- Seven (7) years combination of education and work experience that demonstrates the ability to plan and execute extremely complex sales or account management processes required
- Minimum of five (5) years in a hunter field-based role
- Seven years of technical sales experience, preferably in ceramics or advanced materials
- Seven years business development experience
- Strong negotiation skills
- Contract negotiation
Functional & Technical Knowledge
- Deep understanding of the full range of CoorsTek materials, products and market segments
- Strong Financial Acumen
- Ability to travel greater than 50% of the time
- Ability to manage through uncertain environments while identifying new business opportunities
- Previous experience with SalesForce
Skills & Abilities
- Must be proficient in working with diverse variety of people from different cultures and backgrounds,
- Exhibit strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills
Am Winkelsteig 1
91207 Lauf a. d. Pegnitz