Ceramic Components for Body Armor
Next-Generation Ceramic Torso Plates
For over three decades, CoorsTek has worked with top armor integrators to develop the next-generation of advanced ceramic body armor components.
Superior Protection Using Next-Generation Ceramic Torso Plates
CoorsTek offers lightweight, superior-quality torso plates in a wide variety of shapes, sizes, thicknesses, and materials including:
- CeraShield™ High-Density Aluminum Oxides
- Traditional monolithic plate material
- Standard sizes and shapes including all SAPI sizes.
- Custom thicknesses available from 1 mm and up
- CeraShield™ Silicon Carbides
- Superior hardness for advanced threats
- Lower weight with higher performance benefits
- CeraShield™ Boron Carbides
- Exceedingly hard for extreme energy dissipation
- Lowest density for ultra-lightweight designs
We operate multiple high-capacity, secure facilities with the ability to produce a high-volume of components while maintaining excellent quality standards.
Representative examples of our standard plates are illustrated above. Most sizes and shapes use our CeraShield™ materials. Custom shapes, sizes, and thicknesses are readily manufactured to customer specification.
CoorsTek offers lightweight, superior-quality torso plates in a wide variety of shapes, sizes, and thicknesses. Our CeraShield™ reaction-bonded boron carbide has low density for ultra-lightweight designs.
Representative examples include SAPI shape, double-curve, triple-curve, multi-curve, and side plates. Standard shapes and sizes are readily offered. Custom shapes, sizes, and thicknesses are readily manufactured to customer specification.
You can find more information on our boron carbide material here.
A Story "Worthy" of Telling
Gary Worthy always wanted to be a helicopter pilot. After flight school, he was sent to Vietnam in 1968. As a 1st Lieutenant, his job was to fly low over the jungle to find enemy ambushes. A torso plate made with CoorsTek technical ceramics saved his life.
You can read his story here.