Mini and Micro Grinding Media
Ceramic Mini and Micro Grinding Media for Paint and Pigments
Small diameter ceramic media used to disperse paint and paint pigments, and chemical coatings. Primary users include paint manufacturers (industrial, automotive and marine paints), medical manufacturers, and producers of wear resistant epoxies. Applications include:
- Paint mixing and manufacturing
- Pigment manufacturing
- Wear-resistant epoxy resins
Example Grinding Applications
- Minerals, paper fIllers, and coatings in high energy sand mills
- Paste viscosities over 90 KU at mill discharge temperature
- Premixes with high pigment loadings and vehicle solids
- Abrasion-resistant fillers in epoxy or urethane systems
- Not recommended for low-consistency sand mill dispersions
Mill Cleaning Precautions
Use resin for initial cleaning & finish with solvent, keeping the cleaning cycle as short as possible. Longer than necessary solvent cycles will result in excessive wear to both media and mill parts. Consult your mill manufacturer for proper cleanup procedures using ceramic medias.
CONNECT WITH COORSTEK
Have a question or comment? Fill out the form below or contact us directly. * Indicates a required field.