Aircraft Armor Panels
CeraShield™ Ceramic Armor Panels for Aircraft
CoorsTek provides some of the lightest armor components by developing specialty materials and processes for superior ballistic performance with minimal weight. Our lightweight technical ceramic tiles employ tight-tolerance manufacturing standards, high-purity formulations, and controlled microstructures to ensure durable performance, and consistently reliable defense to unexpected threats.
advanced performance for ultimate protection
Performance & Assembly Advantages
CoorsTek CeraShield™ ceramics offer many advantages over conventional materials. Our specially formulated ceramic armor materials provide:
- Low weight
- High hardness
- Controlled, uniform microstructures
- Compatibility for use in finished armor systems with proven ballistic performance for national and international design standards
CoorsTek offers advanced ceramic tiles of a large range of shapes and sizes in addition to customized assemblies. Our engineers utilize modular assemblies to maximize protection while allowing for quick replacement and minimal weight.
Superior Lightweight Protection Using Next-Generation Ceramic Materials
CoorsTek offers lightweight, superior-quality aircraft armor tiles in a wide variety of shapes, sizes, thicknesses, and materials including:
- CeraShield™ High-Density Aluminum Oxides
- Traditional monolithic material
- CeraShield™ Silicon Carbides
- Superior hardness for advanced threats
- Lower weight with higher performance benefits
- CeraShield™ Boron Carbides
- Exceedingly hard for extreme energy dissipation
- Lowest density for ultra-lightweight designs
CoorsTek can produce tiles at extremely high-volume production while maintaining excellent quality standards utilizing multiple secure facilities.