Electrostatic Precipitators & Insulators
Durable and Reliable Electrostatic Precipitator Components
NOTICE: Electrostatic precipitators are being discontinued. Deadline to place a final order is April 30, 2021.
As of current date, we will review requests for quote or orders for these non-glazed product types only:
• Anti-sway bars
• Straight wall cylinders
• Rapper rods without notches or special ends
CoorsTek originally developed high-purity alumina electrostatic precipitator insulator (ESP) products in the 1960s to replace products manufactured with electrical-grade porcelain. In the early 1970s, CoorsTek commercialized high-grade alumina ceramic insulator products as the industry standard for high performance and reliable operation of electrostatic precipitator units.
Engineered to perform in extreme, hostile electrostatic precipitator environments, CoorsTek DuraPure™ high-purity alumina ceramic works exceptionally well for discharge electrode system support insulators, rapping system insulators, feed-through bushing insulators, and anti-sway bars and insulators.
DuraPure™ high-purity alumina ceramic offers higher quality material properties than electrical-grade porcelain in ESP applications, including:
- Better wear resistance
- Higher volume resistivity
- Greater mechanical strength
- More chemically inert
By using the advanced material properties of alumina, each electrostatic precipitator component will be able to:
- Last longer
- Lower maintenance
- Increase reliability
- Reduce costs
electrostatic insulator (ESP) applications
Providing maximum strength and volume resistivity, even at high temperatures for prolonged periods, DuraPure high-purity alumina ceramic is the insulator material of choice a wide range of environmentally regulated industries:
- Power Generation- Coal-fired and oil-fired plants
- Rock Products Processing Plants-Portland cement, lime, etc.
- Pulp, Paper, and Wood Products Mills- salt, cake and wood waste boilers
- Chemical Processing Plants- Sulfuric acid de-misting, etc.
- Steel Mills-Iron ore sinter plants, coal coking plants, open hearth, and basic oxygen furnaces
- Nonferrous Metals Processing Plants- Copper smelting
- Oil Refineries- Catalytic cracker units
- Municipal and industrial Waste
- Incineration Plants
Product Literature & Detail Sheets