MD&M West 2019
Join CoorsTek in Anaheim at MD&M West 2019
Discover the benefits of technical ceramics for medical devices and implantable components at MD&M West, the the largest trade show and conference for the medical device industry in North America. Visit us in Hall D, Booth 2532.
Booth Location & Details
MD&M West is the largest three-day medtech expo in North America, with over 1900 exhibitors and >19,000 attendees.
How to Find Us:
Hall D, Booth 2532 | Floor Plan
Show Dates and Times:
Tuesday, February 5, 10 am - 5pm
Wednesday, February 6, 10 am - 5 pm
Thursday, February 7, 10am - 4 pm
Visit MD&M West 2019 to register.
Interested in attending as our guest? Contact us.
AT MD&M West, CoorsTek will showcase technical ceramic capabilities for medical devices and implant components. Inherently bionert, technical ceramics are the ideal material for medical technology. Combined with numerous other material properties that can be varied and manipulated across material formulations, CoorsTek ceramics can be used throughout medical/surgical industries to provide reliable, stable performance in critical applications.
With over 300 advanced ceramic formulations in the CoorsTek portfolio, our engineers will work with you to select the right material for your medical application.
Technical ceramics offer unique properties that can be tailored to fit specific medical applications, including:
- High strength to weight ratio
- High hardness and low wear
- Chemical resistance
- Electrical insulation
- High stiffness
- Zero porosity / controlled porosity
- Thermal stability
- Biocompatible, non-toxic
- Translucency and other aesthetic properties
- Radio-lucency / opacity
- Hermeticity / ability to be brazed
- MRI transparency
What You'll See at MD&M West
CoorsTek manufactures medical device components using high-performance CeraPure™ ceramics. Our broad range of biocompatible ceramic materials are approved to USP Class VI for medical applications, including high-purity aluminas, zirconia toughened aluminas, yttria partially stabilized zirconias and more.
- Electrosurgical devices
- Fluid handling/metering and pump/valve components
- Electromechanical devices
- Custom medical components
IMPlantable devices & components
CoorsTek Bioceramics manufactures implant grade materials and products with over 5,500,000 critical implantable ceramic components produced since 2005 under an ISO 13485 certified and FDA compliant quality system. Our focus is orthopaedic reconstruction and other implantable devices.
- Orthopaedic reconstruction
- Femoral heads and acetabular liners for total hip arthroplasty (hip components)
- Knee components
- Cervical bearing components for total disc replacement (TDR)
- Neurological sensor and stimulator components for cochlear and retinal implants
- Brachytherapy components for the treatment of prostate, breast, and cervical cancer
- Heart pump ventricle assist components (implantable valves and seals)
- Custom ceramic implantable components
Ceramics for total hip arthroplasty
CoorsTek CeraSurf®-p is a state of the art material used for ceramic bearing surfaces in total hip arthroplasty. CoorsTek CeraSurf®-p is a fully dense 75% alumina and 25% zirconia composite ceramic, engineered to incorporate advanced toughening mechanisms to improve the mechanical integrity of the material and to provide excellent wear performance.
The CoorsTek Advantage
With unparalleled engineering expertise and immense manufacturing capabilities, CoorsTek is capable of meeting extraordinary tolerance and quality requirements. CoorsTek partners with our customers to offer unique, solutions—pushing the boundaries of medical innovation. Capabilities include:
- High precision injection molding
- Seal-less designs
- Material optimization
- Design consulting
- Numerous finishing options
- Vertically integrated manufacturing
- Global capacity
CONNECT WITH COORSTEK
Have a question or comment? Fill out the form below or contact us directly. * Indicates a required field.