Ceramic Blades & Sharpeners
Long-Life and Precision with Ceramic Blades and Sharpeners
Fine-grained ceramics are ideal for cutting tools. Using ceramic materials substantially increase blade life and precision due to their inherent strength and wear resistance. Precision machining is available to deliver complete parts – or we can supply blanks for your machining.
Ceramic blades have excellent wear and corrosion resistance allowing them to hold their edge for dramatically a increased lifetime. For example our Norzide® zirconia lasts 20% longer than tungsten carbide. Other benefits include:
- Up to 100x lifetime compared to standard steel
- Electrically resistant with ESD options
- Corrosion resistant
- High strength
Our blades can be constructed from any of our material compositions. The CeraShear™ family is engineered specially for blades. Their benefits include:
- Greater mechanical strength than tungsten carbide
- Absence of metal phase for improving corrosion wear
- Fine-grain structures allows for finishes <1μm
CONNECT WITH COORSTEK
Have a question or comment? Fill out the form below or contact us directly. * Indicates a required field.