Polycrystalline Translucent Ceramic Crucibles for TGA and DSC
CoorsTek translucent crucibles are manufactured using a unique ceramic injection molding process, making them ideal for TGA (thermogravimetry) and DSC (differential scanning calorimeter) analysis applications at the lowest cost of ownership. Sintered at very high temperatures (~1850°C) under reducing conditions, the properties of CoorsTek high-purity translucent alumina are almost identical to sapphire.
Benefits of CoorsTek translucent crucibles:
- Chemically inert, corrosion, and scratch resistance—preventing any contamination or reaction in most laboratory applications
- Temperature resistant up to 1800 °C
- Translucent and non-porous, meeting specifications of 100% sapphire crucibles at a fraction of the cost
- High-volume production and thorough testing systems ensure the highest quality at the best value
- High thermal conductivity ensures accuracy of thermal measurements
- High purity base material of >99.99% aluminum oxide
Our current product portfolio includes crucible sizes for most common thermoanalytical measurements and provides the precise dimensions required from analytical device suppliers.
Polycrystalline Crucible Lids
CoorsTek offers a compatible portfolio of crucible lids in a variety of sizes for certain thermoanalytical measurements (i.e. dilatometer for density measurements of liquid metals).
Standard white crucibles
Standard white alumina (Al2O3) alumina crucibles are also part of the CoorsTek portfolio. Matching lids and rods available upon request.