Body Armor Components
Ceramic Components for Body Armor
Next-Generation Ceramic Torso Plates
CoorsTek has worked with the top armor integrators to develop next-generation of advanced ceramic body armor components for over three decades.
Superior Lightweight Protection Using Next-Generation Ceramic Torso Plates
CoorsTek offers lightweight, superior-quality torso plates in a wide variety of shapes, sizes, thicknesses, and materials including:
- CeraShield™ High-Density Aluminum Oxides
- Traditional monolithic plate material
- Standard sizes and shapes including all SAPI sizes.
- Custom thicknesses available from 1 mm and up
- CeraShield™ Silicon Carbides
- Superior hardness for advanced threats
- Lower weight with higher performance benefits
- CeraShield™ Boron Carbides
- Exceedingly hard for extreme energy dissipation
- Lowest density for ultra-lightweight designs
CoorsTek operates multiple high-capacity, secure, facilities with the ability to produce a high-volume of components while maintaining excellent quality standards.
Representative examples of our standard plates are illustrated below. Most sizes and shapes are offered in all CeraShield™ materials. Custom shapes, sizes, and thicknesses are readily manufactured to customer specification.
Example application :: Boron Carbide Armor
CoorsTek offers lightweight, superior-quality torso plates in a wide variety of shapes, sizes, and thicknesses.
CeraShield™ Reaction-Bonded Boron Carbide
Lowest density for ultra-lightweight designs
Representative examples include SAPI shape, double-curve, triple-curve, multi-curve, and side plates. Standard shapes and sizes are readily offered. Custom shapes, sizes, and thicknesses are readily manufactured to customer specification.