Flowguard Pulsation Dampeners
Premium Dampeners for Pulsation Mitigation
Pulsation Dampeners (often referred to as dampers) are hydro-pneumatic devices designed to remove pulsations, vibrations, and noise caused by positive displacement pumps in fluid systems.
Using pulsation dampeners on positive displacement pumped systems will result in improved instrument readings, increased pump life, lower maintenance costs, and lower running costs. They eliminate the possibility of pipe fracture caused by vibration and safeguard personnel from the risk of leaks.
Flowguard Pulsation Dampeners
- Ensure a continuous, steady flow
- Remove pressure fluctuations and surges
- Reduce overload on pump motors and gearboxes in long runs of pipe
- Stop pipe vibration & shaking
- Reduce noise
- Mitigate pump over-delivery
- Prevent cavitation caused by poor suction conditions, long suction lines, etc.
Principles of Operation
Flowguard Pulsation Dampeners operate by employing a small volume of gas, usually Nitrogen, contained within a flexible membrane fitted inside a non-corrosive shell. Each time a pulse comes from the pump, part of the pulse goes into the dampener and the gas is compressed slightly. As the flow decreases the pulse stored in the dampener will be pushed back into the line. The result is a smooth flow which will keep pressure fluctuations within the required limits (level of dampening).
Superior, uncomplicated, and efficient designs ensure levels of performance unmatched by traditional adapted hydraulic accumulators. Their basic, yet rugged, construction makes them economically priced and easy to maintain.
Our standard housings are made of non-corrosive 316 stainless steel, polypropylene, or of special alloys like titanium, Hastelloy®, Monel®, etc. The membrane is available in 10 different types of rubber or PTFE (Teflon®) bellows or diaphragm.
Broad Range to Fit Your Needs
Our wide range of FlowGuard pulsation dampeners meet most pressure requirements) from 10 bar/150 psi to 1034 bar/15,000 psi and may be custom made to meet any specification or a particular duty requirement.
Certified High Quality
Designed and manufactured to the highest standards, Flowguard pulsation dampeners conform to internationally recognized pressure vessel codes and may be supplied with full material certification (ASME Coded) if required.
- Unrestricted inlet port (no poppet valve) for improved dampening efficiency
- Welded flange connections and BSP & NPT threaded
- Very simple gas charging system
- One-piece molded membranes (no glued joints) on all standard sizes
- In-line (2-port) available as an option with a choice of port orientation
- Easy-to-service membrane can be changed without removing dampener from the line
- Fully coded and approved welding with 100% x-ray if required
For European sales, contact:
+44 1663 745976
Hastelloy® is a registered trademark of Haynes International, Inc. Monel® is a registered trademark of Huntington Alloys Corporation. Teflon® is a registered trademark of E.I. du Pont de Nemours and Company Corporation.